Every so often I feel the need to jot down things that make me smile and really enjoy life. Its becoming nice to have a little timeline of them growing. I can look back and see how what was cheering me up then, has simply stuck with with me!
Heres a current list of things that I love:
- The fact that the JFK Jet Blue terminal has a soda fountain! I get to mix as many sugary flavors as I want, hop into my window seat, and see how long I can go without peeing myself.
- Bees flirt video
- “I’m enjoying this Punk Rock/Domestic Goddess thing you are working recently.” -Frank
- Vegetarian Wednesday inspired by this post on Salt and Fat.
photo by Chloe Rice
- Frolicking around the financial district with Gala, who after years of friendship, we always seem to find more things we have in common than we thought. Like a mutual loathe for cats and bananas. It was also funny to find out that she calls salad dressing, sauce…..as in salad sauce.
- Cowboy Steak: steak seasoned with coffee grounds, brown sugar, salt, and pepper
- Wearing high heels to the grocery store
- Watching the entire catalogue of François Truffaut films, while taking a series of bubble baths.
- If you can’t draw a crowd, draw a dick.
- When portraits I’ve taken show up on Facebook in a row, like so.
- Challenging myself to wear a dress for everyday of May.
- Drawing a monster a day in my sketch book.
- Sewing custom dolls for full-grown kids.
photo by Chloe Rice
- Adorably dressed children, like Brixton (above)
- Making my bed first thing, every morning. Its such a little thing that makes such a big difference when you walk into a room.
- Finding out little household hits. Like, the water from boiled eggs contains minerals that can be beneficial for your plants. Or that a candle could be helpful while sewing.
- Spending weekends traveling, to be completely out of my element.
- Cat eye glasses from Cutler and Gross.
- Crafting for a full on care package project with Bea!
- Finally getting paid for these photos to document that I’ve sold out bought in.
- Those animal crackers that are drowned in pink and white icing.
- Waking up and reading a book in a hoodie and under-roos, from the balcony of my new bedroom.
self-portrait. May 2010
- Experimenting with Photoshop and Tripods.
- My new hair that Bee gave me for my birthday.
- otters. Oh cute little otters!
- Onesy pajamas!!!
- Riding my bike over the Willamsburg Bridge for a doughnut.
- Having a friend that will spot me for a doughnut after $20 bucks goes flying out of my pocket some where along the bike path.
Mascara Wars by Irving Penn
- Extreme Beauty in Vouge. A book of unique shots from Vouges most panty dropping photographers.
- Steve Martin. He’s always been my comfort character. I wish he was my dad.
- These well done storage solutions.
- The Crass documentary: There’s No Authority but Yourself.
- Movie quote nostalgia:
- Chatroulette living room hangs with friends
- Yo-Landi Visser from that really uncomfortable sounding band Die Antwoord. Shes like the real life version of Noodle!
- This damned Robo dance song that I can never get out of my head