I would never be able to try and define my personality, but I feel like the guts of my purse do a pretty good job of doing just that. In my bag, this week, I’ve been wielding the following very important items:
- My journal
- A dog-cat bubble bottle/ whistle/ classy necklace from the flea market. (Best dollar I’ve ever spent in my life.)
- iPhone with my homemade eye-phone case
- 2 straws filled with delicious honey, for sugar ingesting emergencies
- Some animals that I recently saved from the grocery zoo
- My arts n crafts to-go bag*
- Blistex deep renewal lip…stuff (It turns your lips into vanilla and velvet)
- Bond No. 9 travel perfume (It turns your body into gardenias and marvel)
- Metal tags from past visits to the Met (I cant wait to go back for a new colored tag and for the Impossible Conversations exhibit!)
- Black cherry cough drops and the best kind of gum
- Embossing label maker
- Disposable camera, for capturing sleepy bums, pink and blue skies, poorly painted walls, and other things that just look better with film.
- Yu Be hand cream (a glycerine based moisturizer that leaves my hands feeling smoother than chinchilla fur)
- My wallet/ oversized Metrocard holder
*I seem to use the small bag within my bag almost more often that anything in the bag, itself. Its probably because its full of the following fun craft items:
- Cute ice cream stickers, for making a boring note into a fun treat!
- Embroidery floss, for sewing fun notes into hotel pillow cases and sneaking hearts onto Alexs’ hoodies
- A metal crayon tin from FAO Schwarz. Right now, they have a ton of crayons to choose from and you can fill a tin up with 10 of your favorite colors. Its way fun! (Plus, opening it up on a warm day, smells SO good)
- Assorted pens. (I am currently coveting Gelly Roll glitter pens and tiny tipped Micron 005 pens)
- White circle stickers to draw faces onto
- My beautiful grandmas photograph because I always want her around me
- Invisible tape (no ghosts were harmed in the making of this tape)
- Assorted sizes of googly eye stickers to put on EVERYTHING!
- Gregory Peck stamps, just in case I want to send out some handsome postcards
- Nylon thread because its 1000 times sturdier than the thread that comes in a travel sewing kit
- Tiny scissors!
Things that were not featured in this post, that are usually on me, include the digital camera I shot these photos with and my keys, which I didn’t even realize were missing until the moment I set up the shot. Hmm…