OUR SECRET’S OUT, PETER! I’m SO excited to announce the new project that I’ve been working on with the people at Disney.
Yes! A little while back Disney asked me, along with several other unique photographers throughout the world, to come visit the Disney Parks and capture photos of all of the different parks through our own perspectives. The photos would then be curated on Disney’s very own Tumblr page. As a kid that grew up hoping to somehow magically just become Tinker Bell, I happily obliged!
I quickly packed up my digital camera, my Polaroid camera, a stack of construction paper, and some bubbles (a very fragile item by the way) and went down to Florida to venture throughout the Disney Parks that I remembered so fondly as a child. It was great to still have that same youthful excitement for life, but also having a little more technical knowledge on how to capture it in an image.
I made some great memories within my couple of days at Disney World:
- I wrestled Chip and Dale for an acorn that I brought to show them
- I got to watch old robot cartoons and sip on chocolate coke in an old car, at theSci-Fi Dine-In Theater
- I got to fly around a garden with Peter Pan.
- I watched an AT-AT lead a group of tourists to shelter from the rain
- I had a very serious business meeting while floating through Its a Small World
- I tried a top secret menu-less item at the 50′s Prime Time Cafe (peanut butter and jelly milkshake yummm!)
- I creeped around the graves of the Haunted Mansion right as the sun came up and all the ghosts went back to sleep for the day.
- I felt bad the the beautiful flowers never got to hold one of those iconic mouse eared balloons, so I made some especially for the shrubs.
- I counted all the Duffy bears I could find, throughout the parks
- I fell in love with all the flamingos at the Animal Kingdom, and named one of them Hubert
- I used my wizard skills to make a blue serving tray look like the Sorceress Apprentice.
- I got to dance with Donald Duck, who despite possibly having two left feet and being a massive bird, is excellent at the fox trot!
- I got to hold all the balloons, in hopes of recreating a scene from UP!
And did SO much more!!!
Photos from these adventures and more are going to be unveiled on Disneys Tumblr page, throughout the next couple of months so keep an eye out for them by following DisneyParksPhotoProject.tumblr.com