A friend of mine in New York wakes up before dawn to take the subway. He said that, one day, he sat on the sparse subway cart of early morning commuters, when he noticed a pigeon roam into his cart before the doors closed him in. He stood very still and patiently waited for the next stop, where he got off and found himself on a completely different outdoor platform.
The next morning, he took the same train and noticed the pigeon bobbling onto the cart again. At this point, my friend tried to shoo him out so that he didn’t get lost again. The pigeon reluctantly left only to rush into the nearest subway doors before they closed. My friend watched the pigeon that he thought was trapped on the subway, the previous morning, and saw him in a different light that day. He noticed the pigeons beak nearly touching the closed doors, waiting for them to open at his stop. He acted just like any other normal subway commuter in NY. As if no one would notice that he was just a little gray bird.
He got off at the next stop, that day. He got on at one stop and off at the next for as long as my friend took the same train.
I love the idea of animals doing human things. I love that pigeons really are just a little lazy and a little determined at the same time.
Heres some other things I love about life, lately:
Jumping out of happinessGetting real mailHaving lunch with friendsWhen dogs breathe through their mouths, because it makes them constantly have a smile on their faceTiny everything; When you can follow plane shadows on a flight
Coffee and doughnutsWhen dinner is made into a dessertBeing humbled every so oftenEast coast sunrisesGetting coffee and lessons on how to create monsters from this handsome hunchback
Getting prepared for Comic Con!!!
- Watching episodes of Black Mirror for the first time. I wish I could see them for that first time, all over again!
- My little Ikea striped throw blanket that helps keep me warm when AC feels a little too cold
- Impromptu picnics under shady trees
- Seeing how happy dogs get to put their head out the window of a moving car
- Running around in my sprinklers, whenever I start to miss the rain
- This quick lunch recipe. I have big plans on making it everyday, based mostly upon its simplicity
- Alexs new movie poster
- MT’s Scandinavian summer collection of some of my favorite illustrators work
- Marinating every meal in miso paste
- This fun beautiful classical Hungarian song