I’m spending my first christmas on the west coast, this year! Growing up, my favorite Christmas things to do were:
- ice skating in Rockefeller Center
- going to see the Radio City Christmas Show with my grandma
- playing in the snowy parts of the street that were fenced off for trash bins, since those were the parts not yet soiled by dogs.
Despite the fact that I’m in warm California, I’ve already covered those Christmas traditions the best I could:
- Alex and I went ice skating at an outdoor rink in our neighborhood
- You could now watch the Radio City Christmas Show on Netflix, and feel like you’re in New York from anywhere!
- In California, they call their snow “rain” and there was a ton of it to run around in, this weekend.
And I’m starting to make new ones in my new home. The two of us are celebrating our little Christmas, on Christmas Eve. This means that Christmas Eves Eve was pretty significant thing to document.
I watched Christmas movies, decorated cards, wrapped gifts, cuddled pups, made dinner, stitched stockings, and drove around looking at peoples intricate house lights.
I like the idea of traditions. Starting new ones and sticking to old ones. Do you have any holiday traditions, of your own?